Wool has many natural properties that are proven to be beneficial for health, wellness and comfort. Wool products for example can offer UV protection, humidity control, high thermal resistance, breathability, sound reduction and toxic chemical absorption.
While many research studies have been developed over the past 40 years, the wool industry is committed to investing continuously into up-to-date scientific research to meet today’s requirements.
Recent research has focused on:
· Sleep: Wool can help you get to sleep faster and sleep for longer.
· Moisture management & breathability
· Skin health: Superfine Merino wool can help improve symptoms of eczema/atopic dermatitis. Research results show that wearing superfine Merino wool base layers eases the redness, dryness, and cracking that comes from eczema
· Indoor air quality: Wool can filter out harmful VOCs
· Fire-resistance: wool is naturally flame-resistant, no need for additional chemicals
Many people – including doctors – believe that wool is an allergen. This is not the case! That prickle feeling comes from fibre diameter, not the type of fibre.
Learn more in our Wool & Skin Fact Sheet